To gain influence the ASBP must achieve widespread trust and respect. This credibility will be underpinned by an approach that is consistent with the need to be for public good. In practical terms this means:
- A constitution that lays down ethical criteria for the organisation’s aims and processes.
- A governing board with a balance between commercial and not for profit / charitable interests.
- A charter for membership.
- Multi-sector membership and participation.
- An approach to environmental assessment which is rigorous, balanced and product specific.
Download the Charter for the Alliance of Sustainable Building Products HERE.